“Blessed is he who considers the poor.
The LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
The LORD will preserve him, and give him life,
and he shall be blessed upon the earth.
And you will not turn him over to the will of his enemies.
The LORD will strengthen him on his sickbed.
Whenever he is bedridden, you will turn away his sickness.”
According to the Psalmist, then, if we consider the plight of the poor among God’s people, God has promised the following blessings:
1) He will deliver us when we find ourselves in trouble.
2) He will save our lives and protect us.
3) He will make our lives in this world blessed.
4) He will not let evil people do what they would like to do to us.
5) He will use even times of sickness and suffering to make us stronger.
God cares about His people, especially those whose lives on earth are not easy. And when we help them, God has promised to help us.