Friday, July 20, 2007

Donna's feelings and new song

Pastor John,

I have been reading in the first few chapters of Proverbs lately. MMMMmm! They are wonderful. I think that if any young person - or old - will take the time to consider these Scriptures, it will make an immense difference in their life. In chapter six it reveals the seven things God hates. Chapter eight tells about the Son rejoicing before his Father before the creation. Still another chapter guides a young man away from the ways of a flattering woman. Wow. God has things to say to us, to teach us. I know there are many things to do right now, but more than ever, I want to hear what God is saying. I don't want to be so busy that I neglect my time alone with God.

I am listening this morning to the song, "Come Out of Her My People". I love hearing what the Spirit is saying! I know God is saying "Come Out!" [of Christianity] to his children everywhere, but that is so far removed from what they believe God would ever say to them - it's hard for them to believe. God help us believe whatever He says and encourage others to do the same. I am humbled every time I sing the words, "Come out of her, my people!" It is from God! It's just too big to take in. All I can say is, "God is good! And his mercy endures forever and ever!! Praise God!"

Donna

Here are the words to the song.

- Chorus -
Come out of her, my people.
Come out – right now.
Come and leave Christianity.
Come out of her right now.
1
For you've been captive for so long
You've forgotten who I am
Come learn to hear my voice - and learn who I am
2
For you don't know where you have been,
Taken captive for so long
But I will set you free - to be wholly mine.
3
And you do not know who you are
In a foreign land so long
Now you have called to me - and I will set you free.
4
And I will be to you your God
You will be my chosen ones
Come, lay your burdens down - and rest, come follow me.
5
I know you hear me saying, "Come"
But you don't know where I am
I have heard your cry - and now, here I am.
6
You need not ask which way to go
You need not wonder how or where
I am in you, my child - in me, you are there

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Donna played this song for me on
    the way to Ray Lawson's and I
    loved it. I hope God's children
    can hear His voice and come out
    of Christianity the way I did
    in 1974 when He told me to not
    go to church and when I asked the
    question "What about my children?"
    He told me that they would be
    better off to not go anywhere
    than to go somewhere and learn
    lies. God made it easy for me
    to come out of Christianity, I
    hope He gives His other children
    the same strength that He gave
    me to come out. I have never
    regretted it. It made me open
    to hear Him and the truth and
    I thank Him for that.

    Sarah Hicks

    ReplyDelete