Sunday, May 22, 2016

While He May Be Found



To you, I acknowledged my sin, and my iniquity have I not hid.
I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD’,
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.  For this,
every one that is godly shall pray to you in a time when you may be found.
Psalm 32:56a

An invitation from God to confess and be forgiven is a precious opportunity, and when God offers it, the wise take advantage of it.  The Bible contains a number of stories of people who missed their chance to be forgiven, such as Esau who “found no place of repentance, even though he earnestly sought it with tears” (Heb. 12:17).  It doesn’t matter how much you cry and pray when God is not offering forgiveness.
Seek the LORD while He may be found,” said Isaiah, “call upon Him while He is near!” (Isa. 55:6).  Wise counsel.  May we all do that.  For the day is coming when God will again close the door to mercy, and on that day, “there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”  May God grant us grace to be among those who will be rejoicing instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment