Friday, December 9, 2016

Taking in God’s Thoughts


I esteem all your precepts concerning all things to be right.
Psalm 119:128

I remember reading through the law of Moses when I was young in the Lord, and sometimes I would come upon a judgment of God that was different from what I would have thought.  One example is His commandment of the death penalty for kidnappers.  I would not, in myself, have thought that kidnapping was a crime deserving of that degree of punishment.  Another example is God’s commandment not to take a mother bird with her eggs to eat; it was allowed to take one or the other, but not both.
In every such case, I forsook my own thoughts and received God’s thoughts into my heart as my own.  I repented, in a manner of speaking, for my thoughts and embraced His.  I humbled my soul to what He said, and let His words shape my spirit, for I believed with all my heart that He is perfectly just and good, and I wanted to be like Him.
Take God’s thoughts in!  Let them shape your mind and your spirit!  He is good and wise, and if you repent of your own ways and take His in, you will never regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment